I’ll admit it. I miss the gooey mozzarella cheese. If you’re not lactose intolerant, going through a dairy elimination diet, or not doing a Whole 30 phase, then you might enjoy my previous recipe for these.
If you’re like me and right smack in the middle of Whole 30, then stay here and rest assured it is STILL REALLY GOOD!
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1lb beef or turkey
- chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pierce the center of the spaghetti squash several times on all sides with a small, sharp knife then microwave for 3 minutes, flipping once. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise with a very sharp knife, then remove seeds with a spoon. Lay halves cut side up on a foil-lined, non-stick sprayed baking sheet then brush with oil and season liberally with salt & pepper.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the thickest part of the squash meets no resistance. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, prepare meat sauce. Brown meat, add marinara, combine. Season with basil, thyme, oregano, or any combination you desire.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape flesh every which way with a fork to loosen and fluff strands. Top with meat sauce.