Before the holi-crazy takes off, I’m building a list of easy-and-keto meals to use during the week so I can limit the nights of aimless snacking on party foods.
I had a dish similar to this in Estes Park, Colorado this summer. It has been on my mind since June and I finally made it this week. It’s not just easy, but the flavors of basic vegetables and chicken are perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- Thinly slice peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Preheat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables before butter begins to brown.
- Cook vegetables until tender, but still a little crisp. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken tenderloins and sear both sides in leftover butter and vegetable bits. Add broth. Cook chicken completely.
- Add vegetables back to pan. Add cheese. Lower heat to low, cover until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.